Winter weather can be hard on most of us (off course skiing is exception :)…), it’s a time when our pets need a little extra care to stay warm, happy, healthy and safe during winter. Pet Supplies Club, has compiled some useful tips to protect your pet from the dangers of winter:
• In order to stay warm during winter, outdoor animals eat more during the winter. Make sure to provide fresh, running water to maintain your pet’s health.
• Indoor animals conserve energy during winters by sleeping. Make sure to adjust the diet accordingly and avoid risk of getting your pets overweight.
• If Ur pet cannot come indoor then ensure that they are protected by a dry, draft-free enclosure large enough to allow them to sit and lie down. Also these enclosures should be small enough to hold in the pet’s body heat. Raise the floor a few inches off the ground and cover it with cedar shavings or straw.
• Make sure to wipe paws with a damp towel to avoid any irritations due to salt and other chemicals (used to melt snow).
• Antifreeze spill is common wintertime chemical spills, which often leaks from a car’s radiator. Antifreeze is a deadly poison. Wipe up spills and store antifreeze out of reach.